- Is the SDJA only open to jazz compositions?
Yes, at this time the SDJA is only for jazz compositions.
- How do I submit my music?
We will open the submissions on June 1, 2017 via SDEAG.org
- Will the publisher change anything about my compositions?
We will not alter the composition in any way.
- Where will the book be available for purchase?
You will be able to purchase the book on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, as well as through SDEAG.org
- Where do all profits go?
All the profits go back to SDEAG.org, a registered 501(c) 3 organization.
- Can I submit arrangements?
We recommend submitting a lead sheet as you would see in The Real Book.
To Submit, You Must:
- San Diego-based musician
- Submit 1-2 original pieces of music in PDF format
- Each piece of music must be in lead sheet format
- Each piece of music must be the original work of musician
- Each piece of music must be in notation only (no lyrics)
- PLEASE MAKE SURE IT APPEARS THE WAY YOU WANT IT TO APPEAR …